2017-18 Orientation Dates
Kindergarten orientation for the 2017-2018 school year will be held on Tuesday, February 7 at the following times:
- Adams Elementary School: 5:30 p.m.
- Carpenter Elementary School: 5:30 p.m.
- Chestnut Hill Elementary School: 5:30 p.m.
- Eastlawn Elementary School: 5:30 p.m.
- Plymouth Elementary School: 5:30 p.m.
- Siebert Elementary School: 5:30 p.m.
- Woodcrest Elementary School: 6:00 p.m.
How to Enroll
Contact your elementary school for an enrollment packet or click here to print one. Visit our schools web page for contact information. If you’re not sure where your child will attend, contact Jana at 923-5024 for assistance.
Please bring the following items with you when registering for Kindergarten or Young Fives Kindergarten:
- Birth certificate
- Proof of residency
Before the start of the school year, the following documents are also needed:
- Proof of required immunizations
- Hearing/vision screening report
Young Fives Kindergarten Program Only
The 2017-2018 Young Fives Kindergarten Programs will be located at:
- Central Park Elementary: 1400 Rodd Street, Midland, MI
- Plymouth Elementary School: 1105 East Sugnet Road, Midland, MI
Registration for the 2017-18 school year will be open from February 1 – April 30, 2017. Enrollment packets can be found electronically here. Enrollment packets can also be picked up from the Carpenter Street or Plymouth Elementary School front offices or from Jana Kullick at the MPS Administration Center located at 600 E. Carpenter Street in Midland.
- Registration: Jana Kullick, (989) 923-5024, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Young Fives kindergarten program: Jolene Laetz, (989) 923-5070, email@example.com
- General questions regarding K-5 programs:
- Adams Elementary: (989) 923-6037
- Carpenter Street Elementary: (989) 923-6411
- Chestnut Hill Elementary: (989) 923-6634
- Eastlawn Elementary: (989) 923-7112
- Plymouth Elementary: (989) 923-7616
- Siebert Elementary: (989) 923-7835
- Woodcrest Elementary: (989) 923-7940
Any parent needing MPS bus transportation for any address other than their permanent address is asked to visit the Transportation Department located at 410 Hines Street, Midland to fill out a waiver form as soon as possible. Please bring your drivers’ license with you to this visit.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Our kindergarten learning activities are research-based. Our classrooms are nurturing, multi-sensory environments that support learning.
Teachers provide instruction in phonics, reading, writing, social studies, math, science, and communication. Through differentiated instruction, teachers provide academic experiences for a wide variety of student learning needs.
Highly Qualified Staff
We have an award-winning kindergarten staff. Eighty-eight percent of our kindergarten teachers have a master’s degree or beyond. All MPS teachers participate in continuing education and professional development.
We value parent participation through BRAVO!, our volunteer program. Visit the BRAVO! web site for more information.
All kindergarten students receive Spanish, Physical Education, Art and Music instruction from a certified Kindergarten teacher.
Schools of Choice
Our district’s Schools of Choice guidelines allow parents to send their child to their neighborhood elementary school or to any other MPS elementary building based on available space.
Transportation to a non-neighborhood school is the responsibility of the parent.
Kindergarten Offerings by Building
The table below summarizes the kindergarten programs available at each school. For further details, please contact your elementary school.
School Instructional Time Before/After School Care
|Adams Elementary||8:43 ” 3:44||On site through Camp Fire USA|
|Carpenter Street School||8:38 ” 3:36||On site through Camp Fire USA|
|Chestnut Hill Elementary||8:38 ” 3:34||On site through the Midland Community Center|
|Eastlawn Elementary||8:38 ” 3:36||At the Midland Community Center; students are escorted across the street|
|Plymouth Elementary||8:48 ” 3:44||On site through Camp Fire USA|
|Siebert Elementary||8:48 ” 3:49||On site through the Midland Community Center|
|Woodcrest Elementary||8:43 ” 3:44||On site through the Midland Community Center|